Sunday, December 30, 2012

December Check-In

Wow! What a crazy month! With extended hours at work and coworkers booking time off for Christmas parties and related events, I'm surprised I even made time to shower. My goals for December all involved making time for my passions and hobbies, which I managed to do once or twice each, but unfortunately not more.

Seek mentors and coaches - acting, voice, guitar, piano
Have been emailing back and forth with a potential voice coach. We made one time to meet but it had to be cancelled at the last minute so we will make another time in the New Year.
Go to dance classes
Made it to Eric Malapad's Grooving class at Harbour a day or two before I left to come up north to visit family. I had a lot of fun - will definitely be returning to this class some time in the new year
Stretch every day
Fail
Find time to make crafts and watch movies
I think I managed to do this twice in the month of December. Not too bad!
Research further education
I definitely accomplished this one! I made a chart to compare all of my options and have decided to apply to Langara, Vancouver Acting School, and Capilano for next year!
Indulge in time to submit to agents and research auditions 
Hmm... Not so great at this one
Prepare for auditions as regular basis
I did practice tap dancing in my kitchen once or twice... But no singing or monologue practice.
Set aside time for hobbies
Getting better, but still not perfect. Since I've been home visiting my parents, I've had a ton of spare time to just lounge around and do fun projects on my computer, watch TV, which is great. I couldn't bring all my craft stuff up with me - that would have been silly, but I have been reading and taking baths. I even tried something new! I went snowboarding for the first time with a bunch of elementary school friends! Fun! And went shopping with my dad and have been going out for lunch. Now the trick is to not get super stressed out when I get back to Vancouver.

2 comments:

  1. Great blog Emily!! May I follow?

    Happy New Year from a fellow blogger :)

    ~Keith

    ReplyDelete