Tuesday, January 8, 2013

January

January's goal is to Enjoy the Moment (Mindfulness).

Focus on the pleasures of the task at hand
Stop trying to multitask - Do one thing at a time
Slow down
Take a deep breath
Turn off the phone when focus is needed
Check email and Facebook in the morning and at night, but not in between
Remember that it's okay to be happy
Hone in on my senses - touch things, smell, taste, listen
Meditate 5 mins 3x day.

This is a hard one to set goals for. It's more of a state of mind than anything. So I guess the big goal of the month is to just be aware of being mindful and trying to stay in the moment. This is going to be a difficult month for me. I am used to doing at least numerous things at once - on my phone, at work, etc. Also, I had a friend pass away and I find myself lost in thought a lot. I know this is part of the grieving process but he would have wanted me to continue enjoying life. I need to get out of my head and be thankful to be alive. I'm here. Right now. Enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment