Friday, April 3, 2015

Walking on Sunshine

Three and a half years ago, a friend's sister, who was currently living in the Philippines, sent me a purse for Christmas. It was handmade, red, patterned, and adorable. It was the perfect size, as I'm a person who likes to travel pretty light (phone, keys, wallet - that's it!), and it served me well, but this past weekend, it finally bit the bucket. The strap on it snapped. It's fixable, but it's also about time I branch out and add some variety to my accessories. 

I'm in love with this Rebecca Minkoff Mini Crosby Crossbody. I'm not so in love with its $195 price tag. So I set out to find something similar. 
I could only find a picture of the black one, but it's actually a yellow one I wanted.
Rebecca Minkoff. $195 
While shopping, I also found this market tote at J Crew that I wanted for when I needed to carry more than my three essential items, but again, its more than my budget can handle right now.
J Crew. $57.50
Aaaand success! At none other than H&M. The yellow one was $13 and the white was $18. I've been loving having the pop of yellow with my otherwise neutral outfits and using the white with my colorful sundresses on sunny days. I usually stash the yellow in the white so that when I need to run in somewhere, I don't have to haul my books and everything around in the store with me. Both are casual, but the yellow stands up with my little black dress just fine for a dressier night. I love the leather cord on the handle and how sturdy the white is while still lying flat against my body.

Yay for new spring favorites!




No comments:

Post a Comment