Sunday, March 24, 2013

March

It's been a while since I've posted about Happiness Project, but March's focus was supposed to be channeling my inner child by having fun with my hobbies.

I spent a lot of time thinking on this topic (and a lot less doing). What are my hobbies? Immediately my mind jumps to what seems obvious: musical theatre - singing, dancing, acting, and that whole lot, but some would argue that those things are also my passions as well as my [attempt at] line of work. This lead to a lot of brainstorming of the things I like to do that don't involve performing.

I love reading... Specifically stories of love and/or adventure. I love autobiographies by people I admire and I like books that have something to teach me - call them self-help, if you will. I am currently reading The Passage by Justin Cronin (action/adventure/end-of-the-world-type story) and The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman (I really think every human being should read this).

I love writing... My blog is one way that I do this. My other project is a screenplay for a TV series I'd like to produce sometime. I have a great idea for a novel that has yet to extend from the first page and I like to write stories and would love to complete another play.

I love food... Baking, cooking, trying new restaurants. I don't bake very often, and don't even cook as much as I'd like/should. My specialties [at the moment]: Pizza, Milkshakes, and Handmade Burger Patties. I try to a new restaurant every week but it gets expensive to dine out too often.

I love arts and crafts... Scrapbooking and cardmaking, which I never do anymore because I feel like I don't have enough space and the supplies is so expensive. I have a rug hook project that I've been working on for years and I've recently taken up making bath products. I mastered the bath bomb and am now perfecting all the different scents and may start selling them on Etsy.

I love home improvement... DIY projects, interior decorating, organization. I had to cool it on this one for a while because I was spending too much money.

I suppose you could call my choices of exercise and fitness hobbies... I go to the gym to use the treadmill, weights, and machines. I take the occasional Zumba or Dance Fitness class. I tried several different kinds of yoga but - sorry yoga enthusiasts - it just ain't my thing. I walk and run around my neighborhood and swim laps at the leisure centre. Yes, mostly cardio-based, but hey, it's all I need right now!

Shopping (very seldomly), movies, and music are the typical hobbies of young females so I don't feel the need to elaborate on those.

I feel as if I've composed a fairly good list of hobbies here!

I touched on each of these once over the last 3-4 weeks. Not terrible with all the other things I have on my plate!

We'll just touch on Friendship February for a moment here. On Family Day I went out for brunch at Cafe Crepe with fellow alumnus from college. I invited another alumni out on a separate day, but she didn't respond. I feel as if I have grown quite apart from all the friends that I graduated college with and I haven't made a whole lot of new ones here in Vancouver yet. Maybe I should have focused February on finding new ways to make friends instead! I did sent out a couple of letters and that is the extent of my having a social life this month. *sigh*


No comments:

Post a Comment